inXile Entertainment is proud to announce that a remastered version of its first title, the 2004 action RPG The Bard's Tale, is now available on PlayStation 4 and PS Vita. Featuring doubled resolution for all textures, the game also runs at 4k 60fps. A spin-off on the classic Bard's Tale trilogy, The Bard's Tale: Remastered and Resnarkled is a comedic send-up of the fantasy RPG genre starring Cary Elwes as the Bard and the late, great Tony Jay as the bemused Narrator of the tale. Thirteen years later, it endures as one of our most popular titles on PC and mobile. Today, we are pleased to return the game to the current generation of consoles and handhelds.
The Bard’s Tale can be purchased now in North America, and is coming soon to Europe. It is also available on PC and mobile devices.
You are the Bard, a selfish rogue weary of pointless sub-quests and rat-infested cellars. Through magical song you summon characters to join your quest for coin and cleavage!
Prepare to immerse yourself in over 20-30 hours of adventure, featuring:
• 50 enemy types (not counting bosses!)
• A vast world to explore with towns, wild forests, rivers, castles, towers, secret dungeons, snowy mountains, caverns, haunted tombs and more
• A full cast of bizarre NPC’s
• Over a dozen special boss enemies to defeat
• 16 magical characters to discover and then summon at will to aid you
• Over 150 unique items of weaponry, armor, instruments, tokens, artifacts and loot!
• More Song & Dance numbers than any other game, including a zombie dance-off!
• Over 14 hours of outstanding voice-acting from top Hollywood talent, including Cary Elwes (The Princess Bride) as the Bard, and the inimitable Tony Jay as the Narrator