The Bard's Tale IV returns to the classic fantasy RPGs of years past. Featuring dynamic turn-based combat, a full party of characters to build and customize, and first-person exploration of maze-like dungeons with devious puzzles and riddles, The Bard's Tale IV is a true successor to the original Bard's Tale trilogy, and is crowdfunded by thousands of fans.
- Return to Skara-Brae. A single-player, party-based role-playing game, rich in exploration, combat and challenging puzzles.
- Dynamic Phase-Based Combat. Following in the footsteps of the original trilogy, the pace of battle is animated and fluid, but still gives you time to think and respond to your enemies.
- Awe-Inspiring Soundtrack. A game set to beautiful Gaelic music from Julie Fowlis (multi-award winning Gaelic singer) and Mark Morgan (Wasteland 2, Torment: Tides of Numenera), where the Bard's songs and melodies affect gameplay.
- A Story for the Ages. Compelling story and narrative by acclaimed novel and game writer Nathan Long (Wasteland 2, Torment: Tides of Numenera).
The Mage's Tale 2017
The Mage's Tale, is a first-person dungeon crawler RPG for the Oculus Rift and Vive, it takes place within the same universe as The Bard's Tale. Players take on the role of an apprentice mage, as they explore dungeons, craft custom spells, and battle hordes of deadly monsters; with over ten hours of gameplay.
Torment: Tides of Numenera is a game set in the world of Monte Cook's new tabletop RPG setting, Numenera. Torment continues the thematic legacy of Planescape: Torment, the critically acclaimed role-playing game from 1999 that's considered by many to be a hallmark for storytelling in computer RPGs. With Torment, we're creating a rich role-playing experience that explores similar deep, personal themes.
- Deep, Thematically Satisfying Story. The philosophical underpinnings of Torment drive the game, both mechanically and narratively. Your words, choices, and actions will be your primary weapons.
- A World Unlike Any Other. Features a fantastic, original setting, with awe-inspiring painterly visuals, imaginative locations, offbeat items, and massive feats of magic.
- Rich, Personal Narrative. A thoughtful and character-driven story; epic in feel but a deeply personal narrative, with nontraditional characters and companions who have their own motivations and desires that drive them throughout the game.
- Reactivity, Choice, and Real Consequences. Your choices will make a real difference. You can play the game with a different approach and discover entirely new pathways.
Torment: Tides of Numenera is an infinitely complex game which no review can truly capture. The sheer number of side quests, characters, dialogue choices and endings require that the game be played multiple times. Brian Fargo and his team have created an absolutely stunning experience.
Wasteland 2 2014
Wasteland 2 is the direct sequel to 1988's Wasteland, the first-ever post-apocalyptic computer RPG and the inspiration behind the Fallout series.
The Wasteland series' impressive and innovative lineage has been preserved at its very core, but modernized for the fans of today with Wasteland 2. Immerse yourself in turn-based tactical combat that will test the very limits of your strategy skills as you fight to survive a desolate world where brute strength alone isn't enough to save you.
Wasteland 2: Director's Cut 2015
Wasteland 2: Director's Cut is an updated and expanded version of the game for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. With a massive number of new additions and improvements, the Director's Cut is the ultimate edition of Wasteland 2. The Director's Cut comes as a free upgrade on PC to all existing owners of the original Wasteland 2.
- One Size Does Not Fit All. Don't feel like finding the key for a door? Pick the lock, bash it down with your boot, or just blow it open! Wasteland 2 embraces multiple solutions for every problem, letting you survive the Wasteland's challenges your way.
- Decision Making... with Consequences. With both short and long term reactivity, your choices ripple outwards, changing the game's events and forever altering the lives of those in the wasteland. Save an ally from certain death or let them perish... the choice is yours, but so are the consequences.
- Turn-Based Tactical Combat. Take control of your squad and precisely execute your plans to overcome your enemies. Each battle will present a unique challenge as you position your squad, pick your shots, use terrain to rain lead from above, and take cover to avoid counter-assaults.
- Huge & Customizable. Hundreds of characters. Thousands of variations on your Rangers' appearance. Over 150 weapons. Over 80 hours of gameplay. No two players will have the same experience.
The gritty world and its many pitfalls create a realistic post-apocalyptic experience where every choice can mean the life or death of any or all of your friends and enemies. The responsive combat system and environment test the limits of video game problem solving, and the size of Wasteland 2's quest bank allows for countless hours of enjoyment.
In Choplifter HD, players take on the role of an up and coming rescue pilot asked to join the elite, international helicopter rescue team. Pilots will be trained to command a variety of helicopters deployed on more than 30 different missions. Combining reality with elements of fantasy, missions will range from captured military prisoner extraction to saving survivors of viral outbreaks. Pilots must bank, hover, touch-down and sometimes even shake zombies from their chopper during lift-off in order to make their rescue and complete their mission.
- The Arcade Classic Returns. With franchise creator Dan Gorlin serving as design consultant, Choplifter HD dares players to risk their lives in order to save others!
- Varied and Challenging Missions. Pilot through urban areas, jungle outposts, arctic bases, and desert compounds, with missions taking place at all hours of the day and night. Rescue captured military prisoners, extract survivors of viral outbreaks, and more.
- Ready for Duty. Deploy and take control of helicopters inspired by current civilian and military hardware models, decked out with explosive weaponry ranging from machine guns to rocket launchers.
- Intense and Fast-Paced Action. Maneuver, fire, and extract under perilous conditions in order to carry out 30 rescue missions in the most dangerous of locales.
Choplifter HD is an ace experience for bite-sized sessions and marathons alike. The goofy sense of humor, varied missions, and simple yet evolving gameplay style is a winning combination. It doesn't hold the gripping, satisfying appeal of Trials HD, Pinball FX, or Geometry Wars, but Choplifter HD is a great distraction from your usual addictions.
Hunted: The Demon's Forge 2011
Hunted: The Demon's Forge is a fresh take on the classic fantasy game that delivers the intensity and action of a modern-day shooter. Taking control of either E'lara, a ranged weapon expert, or Caddoc, a master swordsman, you and your partner will descend into a dark and foreboding world for an unforgettable cooperative experience. As you travel deep within the world of Kala Moor, you will use a variety of deadly weapons, powerful spells, and cover tactics to face down wave after wave of vicious enemies. It will take the combined efforts of two great warriors to explore menacing dungeons, overgrown ruins, and downtrodden towns... and discover the secrets of the Demon's Forge.
- Co-op at a Distance. Combine E'lara's ranged attacks with Caddoc's melee expertise to pull off gruesome co-op kill moves, perform special attacks, and heal one another from anywhere on the battlefield. The characters' differing combat expertise allows a player's strategy to vary from one play through to the next.
- Descend into Dungeon Depths. Work with your co-op partner to discover hidden paths and solve the devious puzzles that block your way. Explore menacing dungeons, overgrown ruins, and terrorized towns to discover treasure and powerful upgrades.
- Two Ways to Fight. Wade into the thick of the fight using deadly melee skills, or tactically use cover to dispatch hordes of creatures with bows and spells. Use powerful magic to boost your partner's combat effectiveness and even the odds against increasingly formidable enemies.
- Forge Your Own Levels. Create and share your own challenging dungeon designs with The Crucible, a powerful in-game editor that provides endless opportunities for exploration and battles for you and your friends.
Add in an epic, bombastic orchestral score by Kevin Riepl (he also worked on Gears of War) and a surprisingly robust and easy-to-use level creation tool and you have one of the better games to be released so far in 2011. Highly Recommended.
The Bard's Tale 2004
You play as the titular Bard, a roguish, manipulative and lewd songster whose priorities in life are the acquisition of material wealth and carnal pleasures. During his raucous adventures, the Bard recruits a motley band of eccentrics and misfits to help in his ignoble cause. Enemies can be defeated using traditional or magical weapons and you can also use the Bard's dulcet tones to summon creatures. If you're tired of saving humankind or bored of games that take themselves a bit too seriously, The Bard's Tale could very well be for you.
- A Vast World to Explore. Featuring towns, wild forests, rivers, castles, towers, secret dungeons, snowy mountains, caverns, haunted tombs and more, the world of The Bard's Tale is steeped in Scottish folklore and ready for exploration... and plunder.
- Bizarre and Memorable Characters. From the titular Bard, to the beautiful princess Caleigh, to the dour and villainous Fionnach, you'll be delighted by the quirky and hilarious personalities on display.
- Endless Enemies and Beastly Bosses. Dozens of unique monsters and challening boss encounters to defeat using your wits, brawn, song, and your summoned followers.
- A Star-Studded Cast. Features outstanding voice-acting from top Hollywood talent, including Cary Elwes (The Princess Bride) as the Bard, and the inimitable Tony Jay as the Narrator.
It's not as epic as "KOTOR" and your karma-building decisions aren't as crucial to the gameplay, but this game packs in more humor and charm than anything I can remember.
|TBA||The Bard's Tale IV||RPG||Windows, Mac, Linux|
|2017||The Mage's Tale||RPG||Oculus Rift|
|2017||Torment: Tides of Numenera||RPG||Windows, Mac, Linux, PlayStation 4, Xbox One|
|2015||Wasteland 2: Director's Cut||RPG||Windows, Mac, Linux, PlayStation 4, Xbox One|
|2015||The Bard's Tale I-III Classic Trilogy (Emulated)||RPG||Windows, Mac, Linux|
|2014||Wasteland 2||RPG||Windows, Mac, Linux|
|2013||Wasteland: The Original Classic||RPG||Windows, Mac, Linux|
|2012||Choplifter HD||Action / Arcade||Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Android, OUYA|
|2011||Hunted: The Demon's Forge||Action / RPG||Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360|
|2010||Super Stacker Party||Puzzle||PlayStation 3|
|2010||Fantastic Contraption 2||Puzzle||iOS|
|2009||Shape Shape||Puzzle||Browser, iOS|
|2009||Super Stacker 2||Puzzle||Browser, iOS|
|2009||Super Stacker||Puzzle||Browser, iOS|
|2009||The Impossible Quiz||Trivia / Puzzle||Browser, iOS|
|2008||Line Rider 2: Unbound||Action / Puzzle||Windows, Nintendo DS, Nintendo Wii|
|2008||Fantastic Contraption||Puzzle||Browser, iOS|
|2007||Baby Pals||Educational||Nintendo DS|
|2006||Purr Pals||Educational||Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DS|
|2004||The Bard's Tale||Action / RPG||Windows, Mac, Linux, PlayStation 2, Xbox, Android, iOS, BlackBerry, OUYA|