inXile Entertainment is looking for a Character Artist that is passionate and creative. We are currently working in the VR, PC and console spaces. The character artist is responsible for cutting-edge 3D characters and that will set our games apart.
The position will require you to work with the art leads, designers, and animators. It is vital that you can translate concept art into next-gen characters that satisfy all technical, engine, and animation requirements. As a candidate, you must show an expert understanding of sculptural form, anatomy, and an ability to work in a broad range of artistic styles. A great attention to detail and strong technical problem solving abilities are essentiall Experienced knowledge of Unreal and Unity is required.
- Unreal 4 engine expertise and full knowledge of materials, PBR, and Blueprint a plus.
- Strong traditional sculpture, drawing, painting, and texturing skills are a plus.
- Technical modeling skills - clean mesh, UVs, and scene organization.
- Minimum of 3 years professional character modeling experience in the video game industry.
- Understanding of game character creation - Retopology for ideal rigging deformation, and to convincingly support normal maps.
- Excellent communication and collabrative problem solving skills.
- Experience using 3ds Max, Maya, ZBrush, and Photoshop.