InXile Entertainment is looking for an experienced and passionate Lead Level Designer for Wasteland 3. The ideal candidate will have a key role in the games design process and be involved in prototyping and building core elements of the game. If you're an expert using Unity, have delivered games as a Lead Level Designer, and desire a role where you have a lot of input, let us know!
- Design and develop isometric levels in the Unity tool, under the direction of the Lead Designer and Creative Lead.
- Design, implement, and test fun, turn-based combat encounters.
- Implement branching quests in collaboration with narrative designers, ensuring that all possible conditions are accounted for. Devise and implement additional quests when needed.
- Write detailed design documents for zones, expanding upon documents produced by narrative designers. Will include step-by-step implementation plans for quests, locations for NPCs and encounters, and level layouts.
- Coordinate the activities of other level designers on the project and mentor them as needed.
- Work closely with environment artists to ensure that levels are visually interesting.
- Work closely with narrative designers to ensure that level content supports story and quests.
- Work closely with engineers to iterate on tools and systems implementation
- Contribute ideas and feedback on all aspects of design.
- 7+ years of level design experience, including at least 2 years in a lead role.
- Strong sense of level flow and pacing in an RPG.
- Scripting knowledge and experience - Unity engine and C# skills preferred
- Thorough knowledge of the game development process.
- Excellent English communication and written skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Experience designing quests for RPGs.
- Worked on at least one commercial game using the Unity engine and C# scripting.
- Worked on games with an isometric camera.
- Worked on games with turn-based combat
- Love of science fiction and post-apocalyptic settings.